Taped live at SCCE’s 5th Annual European Compliance & Ethics Institute, Tom & Roy get a chance to reunite and catch up on some recent compliance happenings, including:
- The DOJ’s recent guidance on compliance programs and why Roy thinks it’s like finding the dead sea scrolls;
- Tom compares Roy’s to Plato (and the parable of the cave);
- HCCA and the OIG work together to produce a joint document for compliance programs;
- Even thought it’s great – the document in it’s entirety will apply to no one company, but will help everyone;
- Measuring the effectiveness of your compliance program three ways;
- Why Roy thinks the CO shouldn’t chair the compliance committee – but maybe the general counsel should;
- Who Tom things should chair the compliance committee;
- Why you should prove your point 5 different ways instead of just 1;
- Brexit: Keep Calm and Do Compliance; and
- How Compliance transcends politics.
Thomas Fox has practiced law in Houston for 30 years. He is now the Compliance Ambassador for the Red Flag Group.Tom is the author of the award winning FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog and the international best-selling book “Lessons Learned on Compliance and Ethics”. His seminal book, “Doing Compliance: Design, Create, and Implement an Effective Anti-Corruption Compliance Program” is widely viewed as one of the top one-volume books on the nuts and bolts of compliance. He is one of the top leaders in social media in compliance, blogging, podcasting, writing and speaking across the globe on anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance programs.
Roy Snell (email@example.com) is the CEO of the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) and the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE), which together now total more than 17,000 members. Roy was a co-founder and the organization’s first President. He has developed numerous partnerships with government, industry, and other professional associations, and he has facilitated collaboration between the compliance/ethics profession and the enforcement community. Roy has a Masters degree in Health and Human Services Administration.
Through his work with the two associations, he has overseen the development of compliance and ethics books, manuals, videos, conferences and audio conferences. He has been a regular speaker in the compliance profession for more than ten years and has spoken internationally for the United Nations on compliance and ethics. He is a Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)®.
Roy writes more than 25 compliance articles annually and has written for several international publications, including European CEO and The European Business Review. Roy is the co-editor of the Health Care Compliance Professional’s Manual and serves as editor, co-editor and advisory board member of several other books, magazines and newsletters. He has served as a source for many media reports, including national publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes Magazine and Business Week. He has been quoted in international publications such as Financial Times and Ethical Corporation.