Taped live at SCCE’s 15th Annual Compliance & Ethics Institute, Tom & Roy get a chance to interact with a live audience and bounce from topic to topic, discussing:
- The breadth and depth of wisdom from the general session speakers this year (a little self-promotion never hurts);
- What Bill Baer (Principal Deputy Associate Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice) suggests to keep the DOJ out of your hair;
- The pervasiveness of modern slavery and human trafficking (Hint: think about how many slaves are in the US right now? Now triple that number. You’re still low.);
- Then on to Kristy Grant-Hart and her infectious passion for compliance;
- What it means to attend the CEI and be “with your people;”
- The difference between being older than soil and older than dirt;
- Why we can’t give Roy pens that make noise;
- An in-depth discussion of the Wells Fargo scandal;
- A hard look at whether compliance officers should be involved in setting the salary of CEOs;
- Arnold Palmer and the culture of ethics;
- How can we continue to encourage and celebrate ethical individuals?;
- Whistleblowers and the first-time front-pay award, asking how much pain do the companies have to feel to stop encouraging unethical behavior?; and
- Should compliance officers sit on the nomination committee and help choose the C-suite? The board?
Thomas Fox has practiced law in Houston for 30 years. He is now the Compliance Ambassador for the Red Flag Group.Tom is the author of the award winning FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog and the international best-selling book “Lessons Learned on Compliance and Ethics”. His seminal book, “Doing Compliance: Design, Create, and Implement an Effective Anti-Corruption Compliance Program” is widely viewed as one of the top one-volume books on the nuts and bolts of compliance. He is one of the top leaders in social media in compliance, blogging, podcasting, writing and speaking across the globe on anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance programs.
Roy Snell (email@example.com) is the CEO of the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) and the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE), which together now total more than 17,000 members. Roy was a co-founder and the organization’s first President. He has developed numerous partnerships with government, industry, and other professional associations, and he has facilitated collaboration between the compliance/ethics profession and the enforcement community. Roy has a Masters degree in Health and Human Services Administration.
Through his work with the two associations, he has overseen the development of compliance and ethics books, manuals, videos, conferences and audio conferences. He has been a regular speaker in the compliance profession for more than ten years and has spoken internationally for the United Nations on compliance and ethics. He is a Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)®.
Roy writes more than 25 compliance articles annually and has written for several international publications, including European CEO and The European Business Review. Roy is the co-editor of the Health Care Compliance Professional’s Manual and serves as editor, co-editor and advisory board member of several other books, magazines and newsletters. He has served as a source for many media reports, including national publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes Magazine and Business Week. He has been quoted in international publications such as Financial Times and Ethical Corporation.