We’re all familiar with the challenges of a distributed workforce, but there are challenges, too, with a distributed compliance team. It can be difficult working with colleagues who are hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away. How do you work together as a team? How do you know if your colleague is truly on board, or just saying yes to get off the phone? And how do you ensure everyone understands their responsibilities?
Bruce Anderson, Plan Compliance Officer from Anthem, shares what he’s learned leading a compliance team that is spread out across California. Learn from him as he discusses:
- Effective techniques for recapping what is agreed to
- How to communicate effectively
- How to encourage others to communicate with you
- Making video conferencing work, and
- Etiquette for working with colleagues in very different time zones