How do you know your compliance program is working? Are there no incidents because there really aren’t incidents, or just because you haven’t found them yet?
Ricardo Pellafone, the founder of compliance-training company Broadcat joins us for this podcast to discuss how to measure the impact of a compliance program, and how to be a better communicator. Listen in as to his provocative and intriguing thoughts such as:
- Simply measuring that nothing happened, isn’t the best measurement; measure business process improvement instead
- Have a clear definition of what the business problem is
- Determine what the problem costs the organization
- Resist the temptation to jump straight to solutions
- If the compliance program is new, focus on whatever your biggest risk is, then build out what a proactive solution could do and would cost
- When it comes to training and other communication, think about what the outcome is that you want, and then figure out which content and format can get you there
- When developing training, remember that adults tend to be problem-focused and eager to apply the learning immediately
- Think about company workflows and when and where it would be most effective to deliver a compliance message inside that workflow.