By Adam Turteltaub
SCCE International Academy faculty member Louis Perold is based in South Africa, where he is a compliance officer for Jabil. From there he has a unique perspective on the compliance challenges facing his home country and all of Africa.
While the two of us were in Singapore for the Academy there, Louis took time away to share what is going on across the continent. Listen in as he discusses:
- The rising importance and challenges of privacy regimes
- Ongoing issues in anti-corruption
- The difficulties of implementing First World requirements in Third World environments
- Working in an environment of constant change
- The need to understand the local political environment, laws and customs