Listen in to the podcast to gain her insights into::
- Why implementation of helplines in Europe has lagged the US
- Some of the biggest challenges, and strategies for making helplines work
- Logistics and challenges of making a hotline work in-country versus on a global scale
- The inherent challenges in dealing with differing laws from country-to-country
- Some of the benefits of using a third-party vendor
- Potential changes to hotline regulations with the implementation of GDPR
- Her experience with usage and reporting once hotlines are active
- The many reasons to keep trying, despite the challenges
Lisa Fine is the Director, Global Compliance for gategroup, and has worked at gategroup since January 2011. She is based in gategroup’s Reston, Virginia offices.
Lisa supports the overall global compliance structure. This includes gategroup’s Global Compliance Committee and the regional Business Compliance Committees in developing a robust compliance program to address key company-wide and regional risks. Working cross-functionally, Lisa reviews and helps develop project plans related to compliance issues, manages the Company’s employee helpline (the “AlertLine”), and provides compliance and investigation training.
Before joining gategroup, Lisa worked in both the private and non-profit sectors. After earning her undergraduate degree from Tufts University and a law degree from Georgetown University Law Center, she started her legal career in the Washington, D.C., office of Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP. There, she was a litigation associate and later served as the firm’s Pro Bono Counsel for Washington, D.C., where she grew the pro bono program. Lisa then relocated to Utah, where she worked at the Disability Law Center, a non-profit organization designated as Utah’s Protection and Advocacy (P&A) agency, representing persons with disabilities in the areas of civil rights, employment, housing and access to public facilities. After returning to Washington, D.C., she worked at a boutique regulatory law firm before joining gategroup.