By Adam Turteltaub
Being promoted from the compliance staff to the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) can be a great moment. But, it’s the start of a new era professionally, one that requires a new set of skills to be successful in the long run.
It’s a topic that Lea Fourkiller, Managing Director at Ankura Consulting, knows well, having risen in compliance to serve as a CCO, and working as a consultant to the compliance community. In this podcast, she shares her expertise in how to not just have the leadership title, but also succeed as a leader.
Listen in for her insight into:
- The importance of understanding the scope of the new role, and avoiding being pulled back into doing your old job
- Earning the trust and respect of senior leaders
- Demonstrating your leadership skills, especially integrity
- The needs to listen, stay current on laws and regulations and what is going on in the business
- Thinking strategically and becoming a problem solver
- Collaboration with business leaders
- Developing your team
It’s helpful information whether you are newly promoted to CCO or hope to be one day.