By Adam Turteltaub
Kim Brandt is a familiar voice and face for the compliance community, having worked at both CMS and in the Senate for well over a decade. Currently she serves as the Principal Deputy Administrator for Policy and Operations at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
In this podcast she shares the latest on what CMS is doing and what compliance professionals need to consider. Listen in as she shares:
- The emphasis on patients over paperwork
- CMS’s efforts to reduce the regularly burden, which has already led to a 20% decrease in new manual pages
- New, simplified documentation requirements
- Revised proof of delivery requirements
- How CMS is meeting the opioid epidemic
- A focus on targeted probes and education
- A new emphasis on outreach to and hearing from the provider community, including an RFI on Stark Law.