By Adam Turteltaub
There have been at least 90,000 data breaches reported under the GDPR already. That’s a big number, and Jonathan Armstrong, a partner at Cordery Compliance, thinks it’s probably on the low side.
If there’s good news to the dizzying number of reported incidents, it’s that they are rich with learning for compliance professionals.
In this podcast he offers valuable insights including:
- Organizations need to have a plan in place before a breach
- It’s highly worthwhile to not just have the plan but to also rehearse a data breach response, cognizant of the time deadlines of GDPR
- Compliance must have a seat at the table and not let this just be handled as an IT issue
- Organizations need to keep records to share with regulators
- It’s essential to treat regulators with respect
- Prudence argues for planning a response assuming your organization may have lost internet access
Listen in to learn more about how to prepare your organization to prevent and respond to data breaches more effectively.