Host Kortney Nordrum and guest Erica Salmon Byrne discuss Managers Hiring for Integrity, including:
- What does hiring for integrity mean;
- What does integrity look like (hint: not Bernie Madoff);
- How hiring the right person saves you money (and time, and energy, and sleepless nights);
- Reasons to (and not to) trust your gut;
- Why hiring for culture is really important;
- Who to blame in a crisis (and what that says about you);
- Why managers don’t know how to manage (it has to do with being good at their jobs);
- Who your employees trust and why;
- How leadership plays into nature vs. nurture;
- What makes a bunch of ivy-league graduates cheat; and
- The power in the reason behind the rule.
For more information on the JP Morgan Chase firings click here.
Erica Salmon Byrne is the EVP and Executive Director of the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance for the Ethisphere Institute and serves on the Editorial Board of SCCE’s Compliance and Ethics Blog. Ms. Salmon Byrne previously practiced with DLA Piper in Washington, DC, where she focused in the areas of internal investigations, enforcement actions, government audits, and international law. Ms. Salmon Byrne has advocated on behalf of clients in front of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and the Northern District of Georgia, the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, and the House of Representatives’ Permanent Subcommittee’ for Oversight and Investigations. In addition, she assisted multinational companies in complying with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and U.S. Export Controls.
Erica’s Blog Articles:
Find Erica on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/ericasalmonbyrne
If you have suggestion or questions for the Compliance Perspectives Podcast, please email Kortney at email@example.com