When compliance professionals think of Brazil, they tend to focus, rightly, on the corruption challenge. Many may miss the fact, thought that it is also a very large economy, in fact it is one of the world’s ten largest.
In addition, the country has a very sophisticated business community and a substantial investment in compliance. So much so that it is the SCCE’s second largest country by membership.
At the 2017 SCCE Basic Compliance and Ethics Academy in Sao Paulo I wat down with Brandon Spooner, the founder of Spooners Consulting to discuss the challenges. In this conversation he shares his insights on a wide range of topics:
- How far from hopeless the corruption is in Brazil
- The challenges of cross-border compliance
- The scope of the Brazil Clean Companies Act
- The challenges of multiple enforcement authorities within Brazil
- The need to fully understand the culture before diving in, including the importance of personal connections
Click To Tweet” quote=”Brandon Spooner on Compliance in Brazil [Podcast]” theme=”style3″]