NAVEX Global recently released its 2018 Ethics & Compliance Hotline and Incident Management Benchmark Report, which leverages their database of helpline/hotline calls and other incident data. In 2017 the company logged approximately 900,000 reports, which it used for this analysis.
Compliance veteran Carrie Penman, who serves as the company’s Chief Compliance Officer and Senior Vice President, Advisory Services join us for a podcast in which she covers some of the highlights of the report. Among the points discussed from the report:
- A rise in the amount of reporting
- Substantiation rates across reports as a whole, as well as the differences in rates between helpline calls and incidents reported through other means
- The wide “normal” range for the number of reports in an organization
- The substantiation rates of anonymous calls – it’s higher than many would think
- The rise in harassment reports
- The latest figures on retaliation
Be sure to listen to the podcast. A copy of the report can be found here on the NAVEX site.